View the refurbished HP StorageWorks Ultrium 448 SAS External Quickspecs here
The HP StorageWorks family of Ultrium tape drives is HP's premier line of tape backup devices. Based on LTO Ultrium format, an open standard with a well-defined six-generation roadmap, HP Ultrium tape drives offer customers the best choice for investment protection relative to their backup and archival requirements. HP pioneered the half-height Ultrium drive, as the only manufacturer offering full-height and half-height models of each generation of Ultrium drives. Delivering the perfect balance of capacity and performance, HP Ultrium half-height drives are designed for server customers in direct attached storage (DAS) environments where hard disk and system bottlenecks can impede data transfer rates. Four generations of half-height drives are available from HP, offering a wide portfolio to meet the backup requirements for entry and midrange servers.
With ultimate reliability and ease of use in mind, even at a 100% duty cycle, HP's rugged design builds on superior LTO technology and adds advanced features to create a new level of data protection. HP Ultrium tape drives employ dynamic data rate matching to adjust to the speed of the host, reducing wear and tear on both drive and media and increasing performance, even on slower hosts. HP's ultra-durable soft-load feature automatically positions the data cartridge, and the highly reliable HP leader-capture mechanism virtually eliminates lost leaders, increasing the success of your backup and restore operations. The included HP Data Protector Express Single Server Edition Software supports the HP tape drive's One-Button Disaster Recovery feature to provide the easiest way to restore data in the event of a disaster. If data is critical to your business, protect it with an HP StorageWorks Ultrium tape drives.
The HP StorageWorks Ultrium 448 tape drive is HP's second generation of half-height LTO tape drive technology. Offering a choice of both SCSI and SAS models, this midrange capacity, low cost tape drive delivers a compressed storage capacity of 400 GB per data cartridge and a compressed data transfer rate of 172 GB per hour, double the capacity and one and a half times the performance of the Ultrium 232 tape drive. The Ultrium 448 tape drive is fully read and write compatible with all first- and second-generation Ultrium drives and media. These features, combined with low pricing, make the Ultrium 448 the ideal direct-attach and network backup solution for entry-level and midrange servers where capacity and low cost of ownership are critical. New SAS-based models allow for direct connect to SAS-based HP ProLiant servers via embedded SAS controller or SAS HBA.
- Affordable LTO technology
- Enterprise-class capacity and reliability
- Compact half-height form factor
- HP One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) restores your entire system at the touch of a button
- High-capacity drives that store up to 1.6 TB of data on a single cartridge with 2:1 compression
- Data rate matching continuously adjusts the speed of the tape drive to that of the server or network environment, which increases performance, reduces mechanical wear on the drive, and extends tape life
- Fully read-and-write compatible with Ultrium drives and media from other manufacturers
- Internal, external, array module and rack-mounted models available
- Active head cleaning provides automated cleaning that increases head life and reduces the need for using the cleaning cartridge
- Lower power consumption for maximum reliability at minimum cost
- Soft-load feature automatically takes the data cartridge and moves it into the load position
- Advanced tape leader capture design ensures fail-safe cartridge loading Internal, external, hot-swap, and rack-mounted models are available
- Includes HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools to help with installation, management, and troubleshooting