View the refurbished HP Ethernet 1Gb 4-port 331T Adapter Quickspecs here
This refurbished HPE Ethernet 1Gb 4-Port 331T Adapter features the next generation of Ethernet integration, offering a single chip solution that reduces power requirements and optimizes I/O slot utilization. It delivers full line-rate performance across all ports with low power consumption.
The HPE 331T is ideal for virtualization, security, server consolidation, network segmentation, and other applications requiring maximum throughput and port density. The total aggregate throughput of 8Gb meets the needs of customers desiring high bandwidth.
This refurbished HPE 331T supports advanced features such as Large Send and Receive offload capability, TCP checksum and segmentation, Support for HPE Sea of Sensors 3D Technology enhances server performance while reducing energy use and expense. VLAN tagging, MSI-X, jumbo frames, IEEE 1588, and virtualization features such as VMware NetQueue and Microsoft VMQ.
- Industry-leading hardware integration for low power
- Quad-port, PCIe 2.0 1Gb Ethernet adapter for HPE ProLiant Gen8 Rack and Tower servers and certain G7 servers
- Quad-port 1GbE provide up to 8 Gb full duplex throughput per adapter
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) support
- Optimized for virtual servers
- Improved small packet performance
- Supports the Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE)
- This refurbished HPE 331T adapter provides 2,000 Mbps full duplex Ethernet transfer rate per port (8 Gbps aggregate full duplex) delivers outstanding network performance that improves response time and removes bottlenecks. Four ports on a single adapter are ideal for high density, I/O slot constrained servers, virtualization and security, applications, server consolidation, and increased network segmentation. The total aggregate throughput of 8Gbps in full-duplex mode also meets the needs for customers desiring high bandwidth but are not yet ready to move to 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
- The 331T adapter support for jumbo frames (also known as extended frames) permits up to a 9K byte (KB) transmission unit (MTU) when running Ethernet, which is over five times the size of standard 1500-byte Ethernet frame. Jumbo frames can help achieve higher throughput and better CPU utilization and are particularly useful for database transfer and tape backup operations.
- Up to 17 Message Signaled Interrupt (Extended) provides performance benefits for multi-core servers by load balancing interrupts between CPUs/cores
- IEEE 802.1Q virtual local area network (VLAN) protocol allows each physical port of the HPE 331T to be separated into multiple virtual NICs for added network segmentation and enhanced security and performance. VLANs increase security by isolating traffic between users. Limiting the broadcast traffic to within the same VLAN domain also improves performance.
- For overall improved system response, the 331T supports standard TCP/IP offloading techniques including: TCP/IP, UDP checksum offload (TCO) moves the TCP and IP checksum offloading from the CPU to the network adapter. Large send offload (LSO) or TCP segmentation offload (TSO) allows the TCP segmentation to be handled by the adapter rather than the CPU.
- Hardware assist for IEEE 1588 and IEEE 802.1AS time synchronization implementations for time sensitive applications
- I/O Virtualization support for VMware NetQueue and Microsoft VMQ help meet the performance demands of consolidated virtual workloads
- Support for HPE Sea of Sensors 3D Technology which is a collection of 32 sensors that automatically track thermal activity - heat - across the server. When temperatures get too high, sensors can kick on fans and make other adjustments to reduce energy usage. What makes it better is the upgrade from all six fans kicking on at one time to a new system where only one kicks on - the one in proximity of the area that started heating up - thus reducing the amount of energy used for cooling
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3az, featuring advanced power savings features throttles power usage with network load activity.
- In addition to Gigabit Ethernet, the HPE 331T adapter supports both 10Mbps and 100Mbps providing compatibility with Ethernet and Fast Ethernet twisted pair networks.
- The HP331T adapter ships with a pre-installed full height bracket and a half height bracket is also supplied to ensure trouble free installation. The included quick install card guides the user in the bracket exchange process
- The x4 PCI Express interface on the HPE 331T is compatible with x4, x8, and x16 PCI slots. If installed in a x8 or x16 slot, the adapter will operate at the x4 speed.
- ProLiant Network Adapter Teaming provides fault tolerance and load balancing across a team of two or more network adapters. The team of adapters works together as a single virtual adapter. The HPE 331T provides support for several different types of teaming enabling IT administrators to optimize availability, improve performance and help reduce costs.
- Support for pre-boot execution environment (PXE) enables automatic deployment of computing resources remotely from anywhere. It allows a new or existing server to boot over the network and download software, including the operating system, from a management/ deployment server at another location on the network. Additionally, PXE enables decentralized software distribution and remote troubleshooting and repairs