View the refurbished HP NC364T PCI Express Quad Port Gigabit Server Adapter Quickspecs here
The HP NC364T PCI Express Quad-Port Gigabit Server Adapter features four 10/100/1000T Gigabit Ethernet ports on a single card, saving valuable server I/O slots for other purposes. The four ports provide the highest density available for ProLiant servers in a single adapter. The NC364T is ideal for virtualization, security, server consolidation, network segmentation, and other applications requiring maximum throughput and port density. The total aggregate throughput of 4Gb meets the needs for customers desiring high bandwidth but are not yet ready to move to 10 Gigabit Ethernet. The NC364T is a low-profile card with both full height and half height brackets included in the kit. The x4 PCI Express interface is compatible with x4, x8, and x16 PCI Express slots.
Tested and proven to meet demanding HP standards, the NC364T provides full driver support on a wide variety of ProLiant servers. The adapter ships with teaming drivers for all major operating systems, teaming utilities, multiple VLAN tagging capability, configuration utilities, and support for the optional HP Insight software Intelligent Network Pack that proactively adapts to changes in the network infrastructure.
- With a theoretical throughput of 10 Gbps each direction, the x4 PCI Express bus is more than capable of supporting the NC364T's four gigabit ports. Up to 1000 Mbps Ethernet transfer rate per port (4000 Mbps combined) delivers outstanding network performance designed to improve response time and remove bottlenecks across the entire network. Four ports on a single adapter are ideal for high density, I/O slot constrained servers, virtualization and security, applications, server consolidation, and increased network segmentation. The total aggregate throughput of 4Gbps also meets the needs for customers desiring high bandwidth but are not yet ready to move to 10 Gigabit Ethernet. Port enumeration on the NC364T is from the top down, i.e. the port near the top of the adapter is port #1 and the port closest to the gold teeth is port #4
- Jumbo frames (also known as extended frames) permit a 9K byte transmission unit (MTU), which is six times the size of standard 1500 byte Ethernet frame. The NC364T supports jumbo frames as a way to achieve higher throughput and better CPU utilization. Jumbo frames are particularly useful for database transfers and tape backups.
- IEEE 802.1Q virtual local area network (VLAN) protocol allows each physical port of the NC364T to be separated into multiple virtual NICs for added network segmentation and enhanced security and performance. VLANs increase security by isolating traffic between users. Limiting the broadcast traffic to within the same VLAN domain also improves performance. IEEE quality of service (QoS) 802.1p tagging allows the adapter to mark or tag frames with a priority level across a QoS-aware network for improved traffic flow.
- For overall improved system response, the NC364T supports standard TCP/IP offloading techniques including: TCP/IP checksum offload (TCO) moves the TCP and IP checksum offloading from the CPU to the network adapter. Large send offload (LSO) or TCP segmentation offload (TSO) allows the TCP segmentation to be handled by the adapter rather than the CPU.
- Interrupt coalescing (interrupt moderation) groups multiple packets, thereby reducing the number of interrupts sent to the host. This process optimizes host efficiency, leaving the CPU available for other duties.
- Dual address cycles (DAC) provide the ability to address memory above 4 GB and improve system performance by preventing the server operating system from performing a buffer copy from below 4 GB to above 4 GB.
- In addition to Gigabit Ethernet, the NC364T adapter supports both 10Mbps and 100Mbps providing compatibility with Ethernet and Fast Ethernet twisted pair networks.
- The NC364T is a low-profile card supporting both full height and half height PCI Express slots. A full height bracket is pre-installed on the card with the half height bracket in the box. The quick install card includes instructions on how to change brackets if needed.
- The x4 PCI Express interface on the NC364T is compatible with x4, x8, and x16 PCI slots. If installed in a x8 or x16 slot, the adapter will operate at the x4 speed.
- The NC364T provides Wake-on-LAN (WOL) support on Port 1 allowing an administrator to remotely power on a WOL-capable server. When the server powers down, the NC364T maintains power through an alternate source and continuously monitors the network for a special wake-up packet. When the adapter receives the special packet created for its MAC address, the NC364T instructs the server to power on.
- Support for pre-boot execution environment (PXE) enables automatic deployment of computing resources remotely from anywhere. It allows a new or existing server to boot over the network and download software, including the operating system, from a management/ deployment server at another location on the network. Additionally, PXE enables decentralized software distribution and remote troubleshooting and repairs.