The HPE FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650FLB adapter for ProLiant Gen9 server blades provides full-featured, high performance converged 20Gb Ethernet that accelerates IT services and increases data center efficiency across a broad range of I/O intensive enterprise, cloud and Telco workloads. When connected to Hewlett Packard Enterprise Virtual Connect FlexFabric 20/40 F8 Modules, the HPE FlexFabric 650FLB adapter provides 20GbE performance. It offers a rich set of offload technologies including overlay network tunneling and storage, increasing virtualization performance and host efficiency. The HPE 650FLB is a dual-speed adapter that can also operate at 10GbE when connected to Hewlett Packard Enterprise Virtual Connect Flex-10/10D Module or HPE 6125XLG Ethernet Switch. The HPE 650FLB also supports RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE) which increases host efficiency and lowers latency. RoCE is supported with the HPE 6125XLG, and other 10GbE switches. Combining both the FlexibleLOM and Mezzanine adapters in a single BladeSystem Proliant server can provide up to 80Gbps of converged bi-directional Ethernet bandwidth, helping to alleviate network bottlenecks.
HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen9, HPE ProLiant BL660c Gen9, HPE ProLiant WS460c Gen9, HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen8.
HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module for c-Class BladeSystem, HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module for c-Class BladeSystem with TAA, HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module for c-Class BladeSystem, HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10/24 Enterprise Edition BLc7000 Option, HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10/10D Module for c-Class BladeSystem, HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10/10D Module Enterprise Edition for BLc7000 Option, HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10 10Gb Ethernet Module for c-Class BladeSystem, HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10 Ethernet Module Enterprise Edition for BLc7000 Option, HPE 6127XLG Ethernet Blade Switch, HPE 6127XLG Ethernet Blade Switch with TAA, HPE 6125XLG Ethernet Blade Switch, HPE 6125XLG Ethernet Blade Switch with TAA, HPE 6125G/XG Ethernet Blade Switch, HPE 6125G/XG Ethernet Blade Switch with TAA, HPE 6125G Ethernet Blade Switch, HPE 6125G Ethernet Blade Switch with TAA
HPE FlexFabric 650FLB Adapter also supports 1Gb or 10Gb connections with the following modules: HPE 10GbE Ethernet Pass-Thru Module for c-Class BladeSystem, HPE 1Gb Ethernet Pass-Thru Module for c-Class BladeSystem, HPE Cisco B22HP Fabric Extender with 16 FET for BladeSystem c-Class.
Dual 20Gb ports provide up to 80Gb bi-directional per adapter, Multi-speed adapter operates at either 20GbE or 10GbE, Converges FCoE or RoCE with LAN traffic on a single Ethernet wire, Tunnel Offload support for VXLAN and NVGRE, RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE) for greater server efficiency and lower latency (6125XLG only), Advanced storage offload processing freeing up valuable CPU cycles, Supports UEFI and legacy boot options, Mixed Storage – supports NIC + FCoE on one port, and NIC + iSCSI on the other, Concurrent Storage – concurrently supports NIC, FCoE, and iSCSI storage functions on the same port (NIC + FCoE + iSCSI), Industry-leading throughput and latency performance, Supports HPE's Flex-20 blade interconnect technology, Over eight million small packets/s, ideal for web/mobile applications, mobile messaging, and social media, User configurable bandwidth settings when combined with the 20Gb Flex-20 Virtual Connect module. From 100Mb/s to10Gb/s on up to four "Physical Function" NICs per port, in increments of 100Mb/s for NIC. The combined bandwidth of NICs cannot exceed port bandwidth i.e. 20 Gb/s.
Greater bandwidth with PCIe 3.0, Jumbo Frames support, Supports Wake On LAN (WOL), Support for Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE), Support for Microsoft Windows SMB Direct, Optimized host virtualization density with SR-IOV support.
- The HPE 650FLB adapter delivers 40,000 Mbps bi-directional Ethernet transfer rate per port (80 Gbps aggregate bi-directional), providing the network performance needed to improve response times and alleviate bottlenecks that impact the performance of next generation data centers. 20Gb Ethernet bandwidth is ideal for high performance computing and database clusters.
- The HPE 650FLB adapter supports Jumbo Frames, permitting up to a 9,200 byte (KB) transmission unit (MTU) when running Ethernet I/O traffic. This is over 5X the size of a standard 1500-byte Ethernet frame. With Jumbo Frames, networks can achieve higher throughput performance and lower CPU utilization. These attributes are particularly useful for storage, database transfer and tape backup operations.
For overall improved system response, the HPE 650FLB supports standard TCP/IP stateless offloading techniques including:
- TCP/IP checksum offload (TCO) moves the TCP and IP checksum offloading from the CPU to the network adapter.
- Large send offload (LSO), also known as TCP segmentation offload (TSO), allows TCP segmentation to be handled by the adapter rather than the CPU.
The HPE FlexFabric 650FLB supports iSCSI INT 13 Boot and FCoE Boot from SAN.
- The HPE 650FLB adapter’s support for NIC teaming helps IT administrators increase network fault tolerance and improve workload balance. These capabilities optimize availability, improve performance and help reduce costs.
- The HPE 650FLB adapter can be administered from HPE Systems Insight Manager (SIM). The adapters can be managed individually or in teams, providing SNMP based statistics for reporting purposes. The 650FLB adapter can also be managed by other applications with SNMP support.